New job offer: Maintenance Technicians
£28,000 per annum (Gross)
One of the UK’s leading parcel delivery companies with depots throughout the UK is looking for Maintenance Technicians to work with the maintenance team with specific responsibilities for planned, preventative and reactive maintenance on all buildings, plant equipment, sortation equipment and conveyors. The position is based at their National Sortation Centre – Essington.
The main duties that will be required of you within this position are:
- To conduct regular reactive and preventative maintenance on the conveyor systems and to carry out repairs when necessary.
- To carry out any electrical/mechanical repair work, installation or fault finding of new equipment and circuits
- To ensure that the company’s health & safety policy and procedures are maintained
- To provide first line breakdown/defect repairs or support to the night operation in the event of a mechanical breakdown (you will be on call on a rotating rota basis)
- Any other general maintenance duties as the position requires
- Involved in site improvements, sortation system modifications, project work.
- 17th Edition qualified or ‘country’ equivalent
- A recognised/certificated qualification in electrical principles and/or mechanical engineering
- A good understanding of PLC systems and pneumatic principles
- Flexibility to cover days or nights when required
- Forklift Licence
- Access Platform Licence
- Good organisational skills
- A team player with a proactive approach
- Ability to work on own initiative
Hours of Work:
37.5 hours per week to be worked Monday to Friday
Flexibility on occasional weekend work (paid Overtime)
Send you resume to firstname.lastname@example.org